Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Conversation of Inconsequence

Imagine an inconsequential conversation, with people whom you can't refuse to talk coz of social obligations, a conversation which for you holds no meaning, is irrelevant in the scheme of things. A conversation during which you would be asked a lot of questions that you would be forced to answer; a conversation during which people would try to gauge your physical and emotional well being through these questions. The questions seem to go on and on, even when your answers get shorter and shorter till they are reduced to being mere monosyllables.

They don't realize that there isn't a lot that I can tell them, can I? How would they understand, for they have never experienced what I am experiencing? It just blows my lid when I have to carry on these conversations, forced to carry on because the norm of the society would deem it inappropriate if I don't. Not that I give a damm about that, but then some things are just meant to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one!

Even I can relate to this one.

:)

Thanks for going through my blog.