Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mixed Bag

Hmmm.. its nearly four in the morning. I should be asleep, have a presentation in the morning. But I just cant go to sleep, no, not yet. In what has become almost a ritual, i spend hours on the blogosphere, reading, commenting, reading some more and yeah a bit of writing...

I felt something about quite a few things in the past 24 hours or so. This is going to be a mixed bag of sorts. A few lines of this, a few of that....

~

Joined a group on FB. Something to do with bringing about social change in the wake of the recent attacks. A good initiative. But I have my doubts as to how successful it would be. Anyways, I hope that I am wrong...

~

Sid and I had an account running that stretched back to our second year. Finally its settled today.. :D

The wait is finally over.. yeyeyye.. ;P

~

The past couple of days, my mood threatened to go off again.. again the issues involved were similar. Not even similar, they were the same. I wonder when some people would learn and start to give life it's due...

Live it up folks, you just get one shot at it!!

~

My blog has had an influx of new readers over the last 24 hours... :)

All those who have been reading my ramblings, thank you for your patience and persevearance.. :)

And the ones who have just started.. Welcome.. :)

~

Am loaded!! and loaded bole toh seriously loaded... after a loooonnngg time.. :D

Feels so good... :biggrin:

~

Had a great dinner... more than the food it was the atmosphere. The not so quiet and frank talks. Almost rivalled the fun that I had a couple of days back. Didn't write about it.. but hey.. doesn't 60 pics on one's FB account say something .. ;P

At least one of my dinner companions is bound to read this.. lets keep these dinners rolling.. :)


~

It's finally over in Mumbai. I mourn those who lost their lives in this mindless carnage. But more than that, my heart goes out to those who lost a loved one in these attacks. Death is a one time tyrant, but agony and grief are lifelong plagues... :(

Our armed forces did a commendable job in Mumbai...

I salute the Heroes in Uniform..

Also,

I salute the spirit of the Maximum City... Salaam Bombay!!!


~



6 comments:

Marvin said...

My comments in the same order as the post tid bits.

Account settled. Oh yes, though I was betting on running the figure down to zero by the time both of us graduated. Could not happen as you leave earlier. I am sure if I would have managed had you stayed on.

Giving a life a shot. Ah, a better subject for my abstract sentences. You do realize giving life a shot depends upon perception. Your idea of fun and "living it up" might differ from what I (or someone else) has finally zeroed upon. More than ANYTHING, it's this perception you must respect. ANYTHING. It's this desire to impose OUR will on others that necessitates futile arguments of all sorts. And they only escalate into things worse than arguments.

Bombay. This time, like the frog in the proverbial well, I have closed my eyes to this mindlessness. So that I don't have to think about it. Equally mindless I know. But I am ashamed of my own incompetence and lack of will to make any difference. I do not want it to be any worse.

Random Guy said...

Hmmm..

I wish that statement about me leaving early remains true.. still no reply from the powers that be... and it has started to seriously piss me off...

hmm i agree to the perception thing.. i only have a problem when different parameters are used to judge a similar situation at different times.. and yeah when people fail to live up to their commitments..

bombay.. enough has been said.. we all know nothing's gonna happen..

Mads said...

:| well, bombay ordeal is over, but nothings gonna make a difference..i'll be the happiest if something can happen :(

settling accounts right from 2nd year? :| lol...!!

Random Guy said...

@ Mads

Being a hostelite, i guees u wud kno.. :P

Anonymous said...

Todаy, I went to thе beach front with my kids.
I fоund a sea shell and gave it to my 4 yеаr
old daughter and saіd "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She
ρlaced the shell tο her ear and screamеd.
There ωas a hermit crаb insіde and іt pincheԁ heг еar.
Ѕhe never wants to go baсk! LoL I know this is totаllу
off topic but I had to tell someοne!

my site :: Earthstools.Com

Anonymous said...

analyst I perceρtion that there aгe non-rаtional fοгces at show results.
Prepare the place just where you aгe liκely to be accomplishing thе colorng.
Thеy have lived lives akin to that οf еffectiνe saіntѕ, sagеѕ аnd Rіshis who had been idеntifіeԁ fоr their penance and austeгities.


Also vіsit my blog ... how to use a pizza stone without cornmeal