Saturday, December 13, 2008

Hmmm Home...

Just some random things that make homecoming so special.. :)

~

Its 4:30 in the morning. I lean out of the fast moving train as it slows down to stop at the outer signal. After a brief hiatus it moves on again, gaining speed and I stand there enjoying the pleasant chill against my face even as the wind blows through my hair, pushing them back in the way I like. As it enters the terminal I lean even further, hoping to catch a glimpse of my parents. And there they are, both of them, ready to take me home. Let me be honest with you. No sight in the world beats the sight of seeing your parents after a long time.

~

Its 5 in the morning as you drive out of the station. The roads are almost empty. Papa has brought his own car ( he assumed I was bringing back lots of luggage..lolz :P) and not my (ohk it's not mine. Technically it's mom's.. ;P) cute little 800. As we move to Ajmer Road, I put the car into the 5th gear and press down the accelerator. The speedometer crosses 100. Wow!

~

Hardly ten minutes later I am home. And guess what? Bua has cooked me awesome methi ke paranthein ... yummm!!!

~

I have been to a couple of weddings in the short stay here. And hey, weddings are fun this time of the year. Pleasant weather, good food, and oh well, this time the chicks weren't half bad either.. ;P. Ok but that wasn't the main point (however important and relevant it might be ;) ). The thing is, I get to spend some quality time with my family away from home. Oh that reminds me, am heading to simla for a week!! :D Finally a vacation with my family after nearly six and a half years!

~


Hot water baths!!! you can't even begin to imagine how much I like these. And ghar pe I don't even have to wake up early to have one (unlike the hostel, where the hot water runs out at 10 in the morning, that is, if there was any at all )

~

Breakfast in bed!! :D

~

I like to read a newspaper first thing in the morning. It hardly ever happens in the hostel. At home, I wake up daily to find my ToI lying besides me.. :)

~

And oh, how can I not mention home cooked food! Seriously people before heading to college I was fed up of it. Now I just can't get enough of it. I guess that's the same with everyone though...

~

5 comments:

Chandni said...

nice smiling post :) managed to make me miss home though :|

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

C, my story had almost been similar.. Station-Brother-Bike- good Food-Marriages-not so bad chicks- ......

Only thing that killed it... Bloody PR.. Happy homecoming

Mads said...

great :D
yeah ghar ka khana rocks after living in a hostel :((
nice post :P have fun wid the chicks :P
yeah me too..i love my toi in the mornings :D something which i miss out on in hostel..dont get to read it aaram se :((

Mads said...

hey u mentioned u share ur birthday wid salman khan..so belated happy birthday :P hope u had a blast at home.. :)

Random Guy said...

@ Chandni...

hmmm... hope u get to go home soon.. though its annoyingly chilly there right now.. :|

@ Prabhu..

All hail PR!!! ;P

@ Mads..

thnks for the wishes.. :)